Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Butterfly Story: The Words of Faith


Over the years, many of my "Steps of Faith" have been bookmarked with a butterfly symbolizing the metamorphosis or marked change in condition brought with each step. Thus, "My Butterfly Story" is a collection of inspired verses, photos, and thoughts from my quiet moments with God. "My Butterfly Story" is my personal reflection on "marked changes" in my spiritual condition as I grow deeper and stronger in faith.

"The Words of Faith"
A beautiful, brown butterfly is a special bookmark...
Photographed on a bright Sunday morning after I had listened to a spiritually moving message at my church. As I was walking and reflecting on the message, the butterfly crossed directly in front of me. Then, it perched on a blossom-covered bush beside me. So, I paused to watch as it fed on the nectar of the nearby blossoms. It never moved from the blossoms. Not even when I slipped out my camera and took several photos of it. The butterfly's attention was solely focused on the source of it's nourishment... the nectar.
So, this feeding butterfly is a bookmark for me...

Words of Faith
As nectar nourishes a butterfly,
the words of faith nourish me.
So, I feed on God's Word
For it strengthens me.

Bible Scripture
"If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained."
1 Timothy 4:6 (KJV)

Text and photographs © 1999 Sally Cherry. All rights reserved.

No comments:

You are invited to read and reflect on...