Saturday, October 20, 2012

Miracle of the Sunflowers

As you can see I finally got a closer look at the "Sunflowers of Jarrettsville" this year. In the past, I have driven by the “golden fields” and just admired them at a distance. A couple of years ago, I saw a picture of the sunflowers in a local newspaper and immediately made plans to visit the fields. After reading that the sunflowers would only be good for pictures another week, I promised myself to visit "next year".



God's timing is so amazing.
Although my "next year" did not come right away, the timing was perfect for an intimate outing with God. As I walked among the golden sunflowers, butterflies, and bumble bees, I quickly forgot about a leaking brake line and even an impromptu lawn mowing session after a broken promise. In the quietness of the moment, I found myself reflecting on the beauty and miracles within the unending rows of golden sunflowers. My thoughts wondered to that day's reading from my daily devotional, Sarah Young's Jesus Calling...
"You see miracles happening all around, 
while others see only natural occurrences and "coincidences".
   
As I walked deeper into the field, I was taken in by the overflowing miracles within this golden ecosystem. I am talking about the miracle of providence... co-existence... diversity... and even pollination as the butterflies and bees "danced" among the beautiful flowers as if to music.

I don't even remember what was planned for the afternoon but God's plan was indeed far superior. As I "played"  in the "golden fields", I was able to spend some time in God's presence. Simple pleasures are indeed golden!


The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Exodus 33:14 (NIV)

No comments:

You are invited to read and reflect on...